*Celebrate 15 days of the Chinese New Year & HUAT to the MAX! with a Lucky 88.88km run/walk/hike.
*Accumulate 88.88km over 15 days of the Chinese New Year (12-26 Feb 2021) OR complete 88.88km in one go in a maximum time of 18 hours 48 minutes.
*Participants will earn a Lucky 88.88km Finisher T-Shirt + a Large-Sized Medal.
*Participants who complete the predetermined 88.88km route in one go in a maximum time of 18 hours 48 minutes (in 1 continuous period including all rests) will be inducted into the Lucky 88.88km Ultramarathon Hall of Fortune.
*In addition, participants who complete the predetermined 88.88km route in one go in a maximum time of 11 hours 48 minutes or faster will receive an exclusive Lucky 88.88km Trophy (or other form of award).
*Participants will have the chance to win 1 of 8 lucky draw prizes of S$8.88 Lucky Cash Ang Pow on 18 Feb 2021.
- 1 Large-sized Finisher Medal Design coming soon
- An E-Bib Number Tag
- An E-Certificate (An E-Certificate of Ultramarathon Achievement will be awarded to participants who complete the predetermined 88.88km route in one go within the maximum time limit of 18 hours 48 minutes)
- An exclusive Lucky 88.88 Trophy (or other form of award) will be awarded to participants who complete the predetermined 88.88km route in one go within the maximum time of 11 hours 48 minutes)
- A chance to take part in a Lucky Draw on 18 Feb 2021 where 8 winners will each win S$8.88 Lucky Cash.
*Run, Walk & Hike activities in the outdoors are eligible.
- The above activities must be done in the outdoors (with a map showing the route you did during the activity).
- Indoor activities WILL NOT be eligible/will not qualify, such as on a treadmill, in sheltered areas such as malls/buildings/car parks(basement/multi-storey)/home/office/gym/etc.
- Manual entries of activities & activities without route maps tracking the actual activity will not be eligible.
- Use of mobility devices/motorised vehicles such as bicycles/scooters/skateboards/vehicles/motorcycles/etc are not permitted during the actual activity.
*Participants who are doing the 88.88km accumulated over multiple sessions OR do not need to be inducted into the Hall of Fortune can do their activity on any route(s), but the route(s) taken must be outdoor.
*However, participants in Singapore who wish to be inducted into the Lucky 88.88km Ultramarathon Hall of Fortune must do their activity on this predetermined 88.88km route in Singapore designed by Ben Swee:
- Click HERE to view the route via Google My Maps.
- Click HERE to view the route via MapMyRun
- Click HERE to download the GPX file of the route so you can upload it to your device/watch which can aid in navigation (NOTE: Not all devices/watches have a navigation function, so please check your device/watch)
Some Highlights of the 88.88km route:
- MacRitchie Trail
- Rifle Range Road
- Jln Kampong Chantek
- Pipeline Trail
- Dairy Farm Path & Stairs
- Jungle Fall Path & Stairs
- Bukit Timah Hill Summit
- Lorong Sesuai (all the way to the top of the Stairs)
- Bukit Batok Nature Park
- Green Corridor (Old Bukit Timah Railway Station to Jln Kilang Barat)
- Berlayer Creek Boardwalk
- Marang Trail/Mount Faber
- Tanjong Pagar
- Marina Bay
- Helix Bridge
- Kallang Riverside Park
- Sports Hub
- Bedok/Simei/Hougang/Ang Mo Kio
- Participants who are attempting to complete the 88.88km in one go can start at any point along this predetermined route but must follow the route & finish at the same location as their start point. Participants can detour to other locations BUT should not skip any section of the predetermined route.
- The route includes some sections inside the trail, such as MacRitchie Reservoir & Bukit Timah Nature Reserve. Please DO NOT ENTER these trails/area between 7pm to 7am as these trails are only open between 7am till 7pm daily. If you are inside these trails between 7pm to 7am, you risk getting a fine by the authorities/rangers. So please study the route carefully & plan/estimate your time to avoid these sections between 7pm to 7am.
- Participants can choose whichever direction to start from.
- Participants should ensure they are able to view the route map on their device (e.g. mobile phone, watch, etc) BEFORE starting their activity.
- Participants who do not need to be inducted into the Lucky 88.88km Ultramarathon Hall of Fortune do not need to follow the above route.
- Participants who are based overseas & wish to qualify for the Ultramarathon Hall of Fortune must plot & complete a 88.88km route in your country. The route must be either a single loop 88.88km OR an out & back route with 44.44km each way OR a one way 88.88km route. The route must not have any overlapping section(s) nor loop repeats. Overseas participants will need to submit their planned 88.88km route (using any type of mapping app/software such as www.MapMyRun.com) to Ben for review BEFORE they start.
*Activities are to be completed within the 15 days period, from 12 Feb 2021 12.00am to 26 Feb 2021 11.59pm.
- Participants can start their activities at any time/day from 12 February 2021 12.00am midnight onwards.
- The last activity must be completed by 26 February 2021 11.59pm. Any activities finishing on/after 27 Feb 2021 12.00am will not be counted.
- Participants have up to 15 days to accumulate 88.88km, which equates to 5.93km per day.
Tracking of Activities via Strava
*Strava (https://www.strava.com/) will be used as the primary means of tracking/monitoring participant's activities. Hence, participants must have a Strava account during the period of the event.
- For those who do not have a Strava account, this is a free-to-join app which you can use it to record your activities OR sync with your activity tracking devices such as Garmin, Coros, Suunto, etc.
Click HERE to view the Guide for Beginners to Strava.
Click HERE to access the Strava Help & Support Centre.
Create a Strava account via any of the below methods:
- Desktop: https://www.strava.com/
- Google Play for Android device: Click HERE
- App Store for iPhone: Click HERE
*In the registration form, you'll need to input your Strava Athlete Name & the URL link to your Strava profile (for example, the URL link to Ben Swee's Strava account is: https://www.strava.com/athletes/15096947)
NOTE: If you are unable to locate the URL link to your Strava profile, please 'follow' Ben Swee (Click HERE) & he will 'follow' you.
*Please allow Ben Swee to 'follow' your Strava account and set your privacy settings to allow 'Followers' or 'Everyone' to view your activities so he can verify your activities.
*In an email sent by Ben containing your e-Bib number tag, it will include a link to a specially created Strava Club for this event which you need to click on to request to join. NOTE: There might be several clubs/groups created for this event & participants will be assigned by Ben to join only 1 of the groups. Please do not request for changes to your assigned Club/Group.
*The Leaderboard of the Strava Club/Group will only show the weekly distance you have achieved from your running activities. So you may wish to set the Activity Type for all your walking & hiking activities to 'Run' for the period of the event. In addition, the Leaderboard will only show the activities which you have set to allow 'Everyone' to view. If you have set your privacy control to 'Private' or allowing only your 'Followers' to view, your activities will not be shown in the Leaderboard.
*Upon completing 88.88km (accumulated or done in 1 go), please inform Ben (via email or WhatsApp/SMS) so he can verify your activities & send the e-certificate to you.
*Activities will be randomly verified. If there are any suspicious/ineligible activities (e.g. unbelievable pace/distance, manual entries, duplicate activities, no route map, indoor/sheltered, treadmill, etc), the distance from those activities will not be eligible.
NOTE: For your convenience, you do not need to manually submit your activities/screenshots of your activities to us for verification as Ben will view your activities in your Strava account.
*To qualify to be inducted into the Hall of Fortune, participants in Singapore MUST complete the predetermined 88.88km route (as shown above, under the Route section, without skipping any sections) in a maximum time of 18 hours 48 minutes (cut off time is 18hr 48min 00sec or faster), based on the total elapsed time taken from the Start of the 88.88km until the Finish (inclusive of all types/forms of rest stops/pauses such as resting/eating/drinking/naps/restroom/charging devices/shower).
NOTE: Participants based overseas(out of Singapore) must plot a 88.88km route (single loop OR out & back 44.44km each way OR one way 88.88km, without overlapping sections & loop repeats) and subsequently complete that 88.88km route in a maximum time of 18 hours 48 minutes to qualify. The 88.88km route must be sent to Ben for review BEOFRE starting their activity.
**In addition, participants who complete the predetermined 88.88km route in one go in a maximum time of 11 hours 48 minutes or faster will be awarded an exclusive Lucky 88.88km Trophy (or other form of award).
*Multiple activities are allowed, as long as the maximum total elapsed time of all the activities in one single continuous period is 18 hours 48 minutes.
- For example, if you start at 7.00am on 20 Feb 2021 Saturday, you must finish the full 88.88km route latest by 1.48am on 21 Feb 2021 Sunday, which is a total elapsed time of 18 hours 48 minutes 00 seconds.
NOTE: Exceeding the time limit even by 1 second (if your elapsed time is 18 hours 48 minutes 01 second or slower) will not qualify you for the Hall of Fortune.
*There is no limit on the number of attempts.
NOTE: Please inform Ben Swee shortly before you start the 88.88km and when you finish.
Shipping of items
*Shipping is free of charge for Singapore addresses.
*Additional charges will apply for shipping to overseas addresses (outside of Singapore). NOTE: If your shipping address is outside of Singapore but you registered using the "Shipping within Singapore" registration form, we will not ship the items to your overseas address.
*The Finisher T-Shirt & Medal are targeted to be shipped out by the end of March 2021/early April 2021, depending on when the items are delivered by the vendors.
NOTE: If the shipping address you provided is wrong, we will not resend the items and there will not be any refund of any amount. Hence, please ensure you input the correct shipping address and contact number in the registration form.
Terms & Conditions of Participation
*By registering for the Lucky 88.88km, you fully agree to participate at your own risk & fully indemnify the organiser, Running Guild & Ben Swee, and its partners/sponsors against any claim(s), not limited to medical/monetary, for any health issue(s), injury, and/or death as a result of your participation.
*Please abide by the COVID-19 rules & regulations.
*Exchange of T-Shirt size is subject to availability and shipping costs for the exchange are to be paid by the participant prior to the exchange.
*After payment of the registration fee, you acknowledge and accept that there will not be any refund to you, be it a partial or full amount. In addition, there will not be any roll over of your entry to another event. However, you can transfer your registration to another person before the start of the event's qualifying period by notifying the organiser at email@example.com.
* Please ensure you are in good health before taking part. We recommend you have a personal health/accident insurance policy.
*Please take all necessary precautions before, during & after the activity, such as: medication, first aid/anti-blister kit, sufficient rest/sleep.
*Do the activity together with someone if it is possible. If you're heading out alone, please ensure you inform someone about your route, estimated duration & what time you expect to be back to home.
*Bring along your mobile phone during the activity as it'll be useful in the event of an emergency.
*Bring a power bank & charging cable(s) if you are going to be out for a long time, to charge your mobile phone/watch/etc.
*Hydrate & Fuel well before, during & after the activity.
*Stay alert & beware of danger along the route, e.g. pedestrians, vehicles, bicycles, motorised devices, potholes, dangerous animals/insects/plants, etc.
*Please watch out/stay clear of oncoming vehicles, especially when you are on the road/pedestrian crossing/zebra crossing. Cross only when it's safe to do so.
*Wear bright/reflective apparel/socks/footwear/items so others are aware of your presence. You may also wish to bring a headlamp/rear blinker light if you're out at night.
*Be prepared for severe/bad/hot weather/lightning/strong wind. You may wish to bring a rain jacket/poncho & change of clothes.
*Have a good recovery after the activity, e.g. recovery drink/meal, massage, foam rolling, stretching.
*Please wear appropriate footwear, especially if you are doing the pre-determined route which include some sections in the trail.
*Registration will remain open subject to availability of t-shirts & medals.
*Registration Fee includes:
- A Lucky 88.88km Finisher T-Shirt (quick dry & light material)
- A Lucky 88.88km Finisher Medal (large sized)
- An E-Bib (will be sent to you via email within 48 hours or so after your registration & payment)
- An E-Certificate
- An E-Certificate of Ultramarathon Achievement for participants who complete the predetermined 88.88km route in one go in a maximum elapsed time of 18 hours 48 minutes
- A Lucky 88.88km Trophy (or other form of award) for participants who complete the predetermined 88.88km route in one go in a maximum elapsed time of 11 hours 48 minutes
*Registration Fee (Singapore Dollars)
- Shipping within Singapore
- S$33.80 per person (for payment via PayNow/PayLah/Transfer)
- S$38 per person (for payment via Credit Card)
NOTE: Shipping fee is included
- Shipping to countries outside of Singapore
- S$30 per person + shipping charges (payment via Credit Card)
- After verifying payment has been received, a confirmation email with an E-Bib number tag will be sent to you within 48 hours or so. Please check your junk/spam mail as it may be directed to there. To avoid our email from being directed to your junk/spam folder, please add this email address as a safe sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Registration Options & Payment Modes
Shipping within Singapore + payment via PayNow/PayLah/Transfer (S$33.80)
Shipping within Singapore + payment via Credit Card (S$38.00)
Shipping to Australia
Shipping to Wales
Shipping to countries not listed above