*Take on the challenge of running/walking/hiking at these 3 reservoirs located in the West, Central & East of Singapore in 1 go (50km Ultramarathon category) OR over multiple sessions (Multiple Sessions category) over a period of 3 weeks(21 days):
- Pandan Reservoir (~6.2km per loop)
- MacRitchie Reservoir (~10.8km per loop)
- Bedok Reservoir (~4.3km per loop)
*"50km Ultramarathon" category
- Participants are required to complete 1 full loop, in any direction, at each reservoir (Refer to the route maps of each reservoir below) before proceeding to the next reservoir on foot. Participants can start from any of the 3 reservoirs & can use whichever route they like to get to the next reservoir as long it's done on foot/under their own power (not assisted by any devices/bicycles/vehicles/transport) & does not break any law(s). The total distance completed must be at least 50km (including a full complete loop at each of the 3 reservoirs and getting to each reservoir) & the cutoff time is below 8 hours (7hr 59min 59sec, based on the elapsed time from the start until the finish, including all rest/pause) to qualify for the 50km Ultra Hall of Fame & Ultramaniac Award. In addition, 50km Ultramarathon finishers below 6 hours will be awarded with a Sub-6 Hour 50km Ultra Achievement Trophy.
- If you finish the Ultra category in 8 hours or more, you are still considered a Finisher & will receive your finisher items. However, you will not be inducted into the 50km Ultra Hall of Fame.
*"Multiple Sessions" category
- Participants need to complete a minimum of 2 loops at each reservoir, in any direction, on foot. The loops at each reservoir can be done on separate days or on the same day. Participants can utilise any mode of transport to get to each reservoir. There is no time limit to complete each loop. There is no minimum required distance to meet. The total distance of completing 2 loops at each reservoir is approximately 43km.
NOTE: Participants can do either OR both categories. For example, if they exceed the cutoff time for the 50km Ultra category, they can go back to every Reservoir and do an additional loop at each location, thereby meeting the requirements of the multiple sessions category.
(King/Queen of the Reservoirs & Top 3)
*The top Male & top Female (based on the most number of loops completed at each Reservoir) will be crowned as King/Queen of the respective Reservoir.
*In addition, a special trophy will be awarded to the top 3 Males & top 3 Females who complete the most number of loops at each Reservoir. A total of 18 Trophies to be won!
NOTE: All participants are eligible to take part in the bonus challenge as long as they have completed the requirements of either the 50km Ultramarathon category OR the Multiple Sessions category.
*From 5 April 2021 12.00am to 25 April 2021 11.59pm.
- Participants can start their activities at any time/day from 5 April 2021 12.00am midnight onwards.
- The last activity must be completed by 25 April 2021 11.59pm. Any activities finishing on/after 26 April 2021 12.00am will not be counted.
- 1 Large-sized Finisher Medal
- An E-Bib Number Tag
- An E-Certificate
- A 3 Reservoirs 50km Ultra Finisher E-Certificate will be awarded to participants who complete 50km in the 50km Ultramarathon category in less than the maximum elapsed time limit of 8 hours (7hr 59min 59sec). They will also be listed in the 3 Reservoirs 50km Ultra Hall of Fame.
- A special Sub-6 Hour 50km Ultra Achievement Trophy will be awarded to participants who complete the 50km Ultramarathon category in less than the maximum elapsed time of 6 hours (5hr 59min 59sec).
- For the Bonus Challenge, the top 3 Males & top 3 Females who complete the most number of loops at each Reservoir will be awarded a trophy each.
*Only Run/Walk/Hike activities which show the route map you did at each reservoir are eligible.
*For those doing the 50km Ultramarathon, your activities must also show the route you took to get to each reservoir.
- Manual entries of activities & activities without route maps tracking the actual activity will not be eligible.
- Use of mobility devices/motorised vehicles such as bicycles/scooters/skateboards/vehicles/motorcycles/etc are not permitted during the actual activity.
*Participants are to complete the predetermined routes at each reservoir as shown below:
(A) Bedok Reservoir
- Click HERE to view the route in Bedok Reservoir via Google My Maps.
- Click HERE to download the GPX file for Bedok Reservoir.
(B) MacRitchie Reservoir
- Click HERE to view the route in MacRitchie Reservoir via Google My Maps.
- Click HERE to download the GPX file for MacRitchie Reservoir.
(C) Pandan Reservoir
- Click HERE to view the route in Pandan Reservoir via Google My Maps.
- Click HERE to download the GPX file for Pandan Reservoir.
- If there are any obstacles/closures to the routes in the reservoir(s) due to construction work, you may deviate from the predetermined route but do complete a full loop around the reservoir(s).
- Participants of the 50km Ultramarathon category can start at any of the 3 reservoirs & at any point of the reservoir but must complete 1 full loop of each reservoir using the routes above before proceeding to the next reservoir on foot via any route of their choice.-Participants can do the route in any direction.
- Any deviation/skipping of any section at the reservoirs will result in your activity being ineligible, unless it's due to unexpected situations such as construction work/road works.
- Please refrain from entering/remaining inside the MacRitchie Reservoir trail between 7pm to 7am as the trails are officially open only between 7am till 7pm daily. If you are inside these trails between 7pm to 7am, you risk getting a fine by the authorities/rangers. So please plan/estimate your time to avoid entering/remaining inside the MacRitchie Reservoir trail between 7pm to 7am.
Tracking of Activities via Strava
*Strava (https://www.strava.com/) will be used as the primary means of tracking/monitoring participant's activities. Hence, participants must have a Strava account during the period of the event.
- For those who do not have a Strava account, this is a free-to-join app which you can use it to record your activities OR sync with your activity tracking devices such as Garmin, Coros, Suunto, etc.
Click HERE to view the Guide for Beginners to Strava.
Click HERE to access the Strava Help & Support Centre.
Create a Strava account via any of the below methods:
- Desktop: https://www.strava.com/
- Google Play for Android device: Click HERE
- App Store for iPhone: Click HERE
*In the registration form, you'll need to input your Strava Athlete Name & the URL link to your Strava profile (for example, the URL link to Ben Swee's Strava account is: https://www.strava.com/athletes/15096947)
NOTE: If you are unable to locate the URL link to your Strava profile, please 'follow' Ben Swee (Click HERE) & he will 'follow' you.
*Please allow Ben Swee to 'follow' your Strava account and set your privacy settings to allow 'Followers' or 'Everyone' to view your activities so he can verify your activities.
*In an email sent by Ben containing your e-Bib number tag, it will include a link to a specially created Strava Club for this event which you need to click on to request to join. NOTE: There might be several clubs/groups created for this event & participants will be assigned by Ben to join only 1 of the groups. Please do not request for changes to your assigned Club/Group.
*The Leaderboard of the Strava Club/Group will only show the weekly distance you have achieved from your running activities. So you may wish to set the Activity Type for all your walking & hiking activities to 'Run' for the period of the event. In addition, the Leaderboard will only show the activities which you have set to allow 'Everyone' to view. If you have set your privacy control to 'Private' or allowing only your 'Followers' to view, your activities will not be shown in the Leaderboard.
*Activities will be randomly verified. If there are any suspicious/ineligible activities (e.g. unbelievable pace/distance, manual entries, duplicate activities, no route map, indoor/sheltered, treadmill, etc), the distance from those activities will not be eligible.
NOTE: For your convenience, you do not need to manually submit your activities/screenshots of your activities to us for verification as Ben will view your activities in your Strava account.3 Reservoirs 50km Ultra Hall of Fame/Trophy
*To qualify to be inducted into the 50km Ultra Hall of Fame, participants MUST complete a minimum of 50km in one go (including 1 full loop at each reservoir and getting to each reservoir on foot) in less than the maximum elapsed time limit of 8 hours (7hr 59min 59sec), based on the total elapsed time taken from the Start until the Finish (inclusive of all types/forms of rest stops/pauses such as resting/eating/drinking/naps/restroom/charging devices/shower).
1. Start from the jogging path beside the Bedok Reservoir floating deck, complete the 4.3km loop, arriving back at the floating deck.
2. Run to MacRitchie Reservoir Amenities Centre and complete the 10.8km loop in MacRitchie Reservoir trail, arriving back at the Amenities Centre.
4. Run to Pandan Reservoir and complete the 6.2km loop at Pandan Reservoir. After completing the full loop at the last reservoir, stop the activity if watch/device/app shows at least 50km. If it doesn't show 50km, please please continue the activity (either in the reservoir or on the road/footpath) until it shows at least 50km.
**In addition, participants who complete the 50km Ultramarathon in one go in less than the maximum elapsed time limit of 6 hours (5hr 59min 59sec) will be awarded an exclusive Sub-6 Hour 50km Ultra Achievement Trophy.
NOTE for 50km Ultra category:
- Multiple activities are allowed, as long as the maximum total elapsed time of all the activities in one single continuous period is less than 8 hours. For example, if you start at 7.00am on 10 April 2021 Saturday, you must finish complete latest by 2.59pm on that same day, which is a total elapsed time of 7 hours 59 minutes.
- Exceeding the time limit by 1 second (if your elapsed time is 8 hours 00min 00 second and slower) will not qualify you for the Hall of Fame. If you finish in 8 hours or more, you are still considered a FINISHER but will not be inducted into the 50km Ultra Hall of Fame.
- If your watch/device doesn't show 50km after you have completed the full loop at the 3rd reservoir, please continue your activity (either at the Reservoir or at the road/footpath) until it shows at least 50km.
- There is no limit on the number of attempts.
- Please inform Ben Swee shortly before you start the your 50km Ultramarathon and when you finish.
King/Queen of the Reservoirs & Top 3
All participants are eligible to take part in the bonus challenge as long as they have satisfied the requirements of either the 50km Ultramarathon category OR the Multiple Sessions category.
*The top Male & top Female who completes the most number of loops at each Reservoir during the qualifying period will be crowned as:
- King/Queen of Bedok Reservoir
- King/Queen of MacRitchie Reservoir
- King/Queen of Pandan Reservoir
*The top 3 Males & top 3 Females (including the King & Queen of each reservoir) who complete the most number of loops at each Reservoir will be awarded with a Trophy each.
*All participants (regardless of category signed up for) are eligible.
*We will compile a Leaderboard which will show the number of loops done by participants at each reservoir over each week. The Leaderboard will then be posted on our Facebook page by the Tuesday following the previous week. If you wish to be included in the Leaderboard, you will need to submit the number of loops you have completed during the week to us latest by Monday 11am immediately following that week which has just passed by using this form HERE. Any submissions after Monday 11am will not be included nor counted. As the event is over 3 weeks, you will need to submit the form 3 times.
NOTE: If there is a tie in the number of loops, the winner will be the person who completed the loops in the faster time.
*Upon completing the required 2 loops at the 3 reservoirs over multiple sessions OR the 50km Ultramarathon in 1 go, please inform Ben (via email or WhatsApp/SMS) so he can verify your activities & send the e-certificate to you.
Shipping of items
*Shipping is free of charge for Singapore addresses.
*The Finisher T-Shirt & Medal are targeted to be shipped out by mid/end of May 2021, depending on when the items are delivered by the vendors.
NOTE: If the shipping address you provided is wrong, we will not resend the items and there will not be any refund of any amount. Hence, please ensure you input the correct shipping address and contact number in the registration form.
Terms & Conditions of Participation
*By registering for the event, you fully agree to participate at your own risk & fully indemnify the organiser, Running Guild & Ben Swee, and its partners/sponsors against any claim(s), not limited to medical/monetary, for any health issue(s), injury, and/or death as a result of your participation.
*Please abide by the COVID-19 rules & regulations.
*Exchange of T-Shirt size is subject to availability and shipping costs for the exchange are to be paid by the participant prior to the exchange.
*After payment of the registration fee, you acknowledge and accept that there will not be any refund to you, be it a partial or full amount. In addition, there will not be any roll over of your entry to another event. However, you can transfer your registration to another person before the start of the event's qualifying period by notifying the organiser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Please ensure you are in good health before taking part. We recommend you have a personal health/accident insurance policy.
*Please take all necessary precautions before, during & after the activity, such as: medication, first aid/anti-blister kit, sufficient rest/sleep.
*Do the activity together with someone if it is possible. If you're heading out alone, please ensure you inform someone about your route, estimated duration & what time you expect to be back to home.
*Bring along your mobile phone during the activity as it'll be useful in the event of an emergency.
*Bring a power bank & charging cable(s) if you are going to be out for a long time, to charge your mobile phone/watch/etc.
*Hydrate & Fuel well before, during & after the activity.
*Stay alert & beware of danger along the route, e.g. pedestrians, vehicles, bicycles, motorised devices, potholes, dangerous animals/insects/plants, etc.
*Please watch out/stay clear of oncoming vehicles, especially when you are on the road/pedestrian crossing/zebra crossing. Cross only when it's safe to do so.
*Wear bright/reflective apparel/socks/footwear/items so others are aware of your presence. You may also wish to bring a headlamp/rear blinker light if you're out at night.
*Be prepared for severe/bad/hot weather/lightning/strong wind. You may wish to bring a rain jacket/poncho & change of clothes.
*Have a good recovery after the activity, e.g. recovery drink/meal, massage, foam rolling, stretching.
*Please wear appropriate footwear, especially in the MacRitchie Reservoir trail.
*Registration will remain open whilst stocks of tees last.
*Registration Fee includes:
- A Finisher T-Shirt (quick dry & light material)
- A Finisher Medal (large sized)
- An E-Bib (will be sent to you via email within 48 hours or so after your registration & payment)
- An E-Certificate
- A special E-Certificate for participants who complete the 50km Ultramarathon in one go within the maximum elapsed time of 7hr 59min 59sec or faster.
- A Sub-6 Hour 50km Ultra Achievement Trophy (or other form of award) for participants who complete the 50km Ultramarathon in one go within the maximum elapsed time of 5hr 59min 59sec or faster.
- A Special Trophy for the top 3 Males & top 3 Females who complete the most number of loops at each reservoir. A total of 18 trophies are available.
*Registration Fee (Singapore Dollars)
- S$29 per person (for payment via PayNow/PayLah/Transfer)
- S$33 per person (for payment via Credit Card)
NOTE: Shipping fee within Singapore is included
- After verifying payment has been received, a confirmation email with an E-Bib number tag will be sent to you within 48 hours or so. Please check your junk/spam mail as it may be directed to there. To avoid our email from being directed to your junk/spam folder, please add this email address as a safe sender: email@example.com
*Registration Options & Payment Modes
Shipping within Singapore + payment via PayNow/PayLah/Transfer
Click HERE to register